Friday, April 24, 2009

BIRTHDAY

Recently i celebrated my birthday (as you already know from my profile that i am a taurean ) . Anyway , it was not a grand celebration , like the present trend of BIRTHDAY PARTIES . But i enjoyed the whole day.I recieved many calls throughout the whole day - from my parents , in laws , relatives and friends . And i was also wished in my social networking sites !!! Those were real surprise to me .

I made cake in my microwave oven - though due to lack of practice , it became a bit hard inside . but my husband decorated it with sweet cream on the top .

Some close relatives came to our house in the evening.For dinner i made chicken ( not the oily and spicy one , rather it was simple chicken curry ) .

I enjoyed the day. Without any lavishness or extravagant events , i enjoyed every bit of it.It was a peaceful day . I felt a completeness in me. At the end of the day- I was full of good and encouraging spirit in me.I think that was the most important realisation for me. Birthdays give us a chance to reconnect with our origin , to cherish our childhood memories and to remember those who helped us to grow up (teaching us with love and caring ) . It is upto us whether we carry the tradition in us or submerge ourselves completely in this ever changing-fast pacing world .

With best wishes ,

Dpriya