Friday, March 15, 2013

Shivaraatri 2013


Ever since the Shivaraatri day, I have been thinking of writing about the the way I spent the whole day :), but still, 4 days have already passed by....

Anyway, we did a small puja at home in the morning.




Then I watched only the later part of a film 'Har Har Mahadev' (1974) on TV, where Dara Singh played the role of Mahadev. I watched the film for the first time.  Sadly, I could not find the complete film on YouTube, only some of the songs are uploaded there  you can search with these  words- 'Mahshivaraatri Special Har Har Mahadev Movie', to watch those songs from YT.


I think, the story of the film taught us different virtues (mainly devotion) with many real life incidents/ characters, while the gods explaining about it from their abode. I liked it.  It has a song by a child, which is very nice-






At the end of the film, there was a song which showed all the 12 Jyotirlingas. On the pious day, I was Very Happy to get a darshan of all the Jyotirlingas along with the temples, at all those places. But I could not find that song on YouTube...




At the evening we went to Mangal Mahadev/ Shivmurti Garden nearby, which has really tall statues of Mahadev, Radha-Krishna and Shri Ram-Sita Mata. There was also a small fair near the garden. I guess some thousand people were there around the garden :). I was happy to be able to visit the Shivmurti, that day. The atmosphere was filled with joy!!  You can get an idea of the place from these pictures :)








That day also had a special episode of the serial- 'Devon ke Dev Mahadev', at Like OK channel, where we saw Mahadev- Parvati getting married again to fulfill the wish of Ganesh. That episode was also very Blissful!!



A blessed day came to an end :)



Om Namah Shivaya!


1 comment:

Rishi Prakash said...

These are very nice posts..Thanks For sharing Di:-)....